OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS (send to firstname.lastname@example.org) include a small bio & send on doc or word formats. Previously published work can be accepted in poetry only. The poetry must have been from your personal books, blog, medium, twitter, facebook, instagram. I will not publish knowingly any work that has been published in another’s litmag.
Work must be respectful. No abuse, inclusive is the only way. No pornographic themes. Thanks.
If accepted I will let you know by e-mail or twitter as soon as possible.
Fevers of the Mind Poetry Digest is now becoming one big annual celebration of poetry, photography, prose, art, interviews & more. This will be published through Amazon and available for physical copy for sale & free pdfs. There will be featured poets with wonderful poetry focusing in on the usual themes that come in the Fevers of the Mind brand.
- The year of 2020 and all it’s absurdity, sadness, anger
- Racial equality
- LGBTQ equality
- Poetry from around the world
- the Pandemic
- the Protests
- Poetry in styles that i’ve come to love myself. If you write similar to a Leonard Cohen, Anne Sexton, Tom Waits, Sylvia Plath, Jack Kerouac, John Keats, Edgar Allan Poe, Maya Angelou, James Baldwin, Charles Baudelaire, James Joyce, Henry David Thoreau, V.C. Andrews, F Scott Fitzgerald, Jim Carroll, Lou Reed, Ted Hughes, Dorothy Parker, Townes Van Zandt, Phil Ochs, Bob Dylan, Marissa Nadler among others.
- Poetry with a lot of imagery
- Poetry/stories with detail
- Poetry that reads odd like a dream
- Twin Peaks/David Lynch style of writing
- Poetry that can be like therapy for those who’ve been abused
- Poetry that details the sadness of everyday life
- Poetry/stories detailing specific places
I am currently working on a new poetry & stories book entitled “New Disease Streets” this is a book of mostly thematic poetry that encompasses the horrible year of 2020. Including my poems “Archaic Motorcycle Breath” “Bullets From the Cowboys” “New Disease Streets” “Prudence of Anguish” and many more! Also, in the upcoming months include more Poetry & Stories books “Before I Turn Into Gold” and a revision to my first book with a shorten title “the Famous Poetry Outlaws” I am working on putting together my books in a more thematic & shortened way like I did with “The Cartoon Diaries” late last year. I have decided to take the books “All of Our Fears in Tunnels” and the massive book “Reflections” off the market while I work on re-purposing the poetry in those titles.
Follow me on twitter @DavidLONan1 and @feversof and on Facebook: DavidLONan1
Go to Amazon and look for the Fevers of the Mind Poetry Digest Volumes 1-3 available on paperback and kindle. Also there is a Poetry Only combination book of Volumes 1 & 2: Avalanches in Poetry: Writings & Art Inspired by Leonard Cohen available on Paperback & Kindle. Buy “the Cartoon Diaries” Chapbook for only 6.99 paperback 2.99 kindle. https://amzn.to/2MwufxL for my Amazon Author Page (may not have all listed at first) I have had work published in Royal Rose Magazine, Truly U, Dark Marrow an offshoot of Rhythm & Bones Lit, Ghost City, 3 Moon Publishing, Elephants Never,Nymphs Publishing. Edited 3 editions & have poetry, prose, short stories, photography in Fevers of the Mind Poetry (&Art) Digest. A Best of the Net nominee for my poem “I Honoured You in Pennyrile Forest” found in Icefloe Press.